Finegold Alexander's initial work included a new, state-of-the-art servery area, renovation of all first floor dining facilities, and handicapped accessibility. In the second phase the second floor was converted for use as a student activity center capable of accommodating up to 600 students for lectures and social events. The use of the flexible space ranges from performances to informal gatherings and café-style food service. To increase capacity and flexibility, FA designed a new glass railed mezzanine overlooking the main floor. Originally designed by McKim Mead and White in 1912 as a theater, the Students’ Building serves as the primary dining hall for the college.