The Wright Building_Finegold-Alexander_Fine-10_18_03-edit
The Wright Building_Finegold-Alexander_Fine-10_18_04-EDIT
The Wright Building
The Wright Library was designed by Joseph Everett Chandler in 1907. A 1967 addition to the structure provided a modernist design to accompany the original building. The building was closed to the public in 1997 and became part of the Duxbury school complex after being replaced by a new library. Finegold Alexander performed an architectural assessment recommending preservation and reuse of building for use by the community. The project evolved into the design and renovation of the historic space for the Duxbury Rural and Historical Society and a teen center for the town in the later addition.
4,850 sq. ft.
2009 Massachusetts Historical Commission Preservation Award