As part of a ‘turn key’ program with DCAMM, a private developer, and Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC), Finegold Alexander adapted an historic 1910 post office in Chelsea's Bellingham Square historic district that was vacant for more than ten years. The building was redesigned, inserting a floor in the former mail processing space and adding a two-story addition in the back of the building. The original coffered ceiling, terrazzo floor, and large, arched windows of the grand entry were preserved. This campus accommodates over 1,000 students and includes computer, science and allied health laboratories, classrooms, a resource room, bookstore, and a meeting hall.
1998 Honor Award, National Trust For Historic Preservation
1998 Preservation Award, Massachusetts Historical Commission